The net broker eToro is a pioneer in the field of social trading and famous for their huge selectiong of Contracts for Difference (CFDs). In recent years, they have also made a name for themselves among traders wishing to get in on the cryptocurrency markets.
eToro have their own bespoke platform (Webtraders) which is filled with conventient tools and features for social trading.
eToro was founded in Israel. Today, they also have officies in places such as the United States, Australia, Cyprus, and the United Kingdom.
Trading at eToro
The platform, which is called Webtrader, was tailor-made for eToro.
Webtrader is available for download and for trading directly in the web browser. There is also an app for iOS mobiles and another app for Android mobiles.
eToro offers a huge assortment of Contracts for Difference (CFDs).
Examples of underlying assets:
- Shares in 950+ different companies
- 50+ currency pairs (fiat currency)
- Several kryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin
- Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Many different indices
You can also get a cryptocurrency e-wallet from eToro and use it to buy, sell and store cryptocurrency directly without involving CFDs.
Trading hours vary depending on the underlying asset. A CDF based on a share traded at NYSE will trade when NYSE is open, and so on.
The trading account
There are only two account types available at eToro:
- Standard Account, for real-money trading
- Demo Account, for play-money trading
The Demo Account is a great way to explore the platform before you make a first deposit. You can learn how the platform works, see if you like it, try out a few different trading strategies, etcetera without losing a penny of your own real money.
Mobile trading at eToro
It is not difficult to access eToro on smartphones and pads. The interface automatically adapts to the size of the screen, and navigating is effortless even on a fairly small mobile screen. You can trade, check out the news, use tools, contact the support, and more. Watch lists and copy-trading is present, just as on a stationary computer.
- The eToro app for iOS is available for download (for free) at the Apple App Store
- The eToro app for Android is available for download (for free) at Google Play
What is the minimum deposit to get started with eToro?
The smallest deposit outside the United States is 200 USD.
What is the minimum deposit to join the eToro Popular Investor program?
The Popular Investor program at eToro have several entrance requirements. One of them is making a deposit of (at least) 1,000 USD.
As a part of the Popular Investor program, you may qualify for various perks when other traders follow you and copy your trades.
How large is the largest leverage at eToro?
eToro offers leveraged trading up to 1:30.
Please note: In some jurisdictions, the leverage for certain trades is limited by law.
Does eToro support Technical Analysis?
Yes, and they will provide you with plenty of nifty tools and deep market data.
The eToros cryptocurrency e-wallet
If you want to own cryptocurrency, you can use the eToro on-chain e-wallet to store it. You can also use the e-wallet to exchange fiat currency for cryptocurrency and vice versa.
- There is one eToro cryptocurrency e-wallet app available for iOS.
- There is one eToro cryptocurrency e-wallet app available for Android.
The eToro e-wallet can be used to store and exchange multiple cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin cash, Ethereum and Litecoin.
To improve security, multi-signature sign in is available.
- Customer support is available around the clock on weekdays.
- The customer support is closed on weekends.
- Contact the customer support by using the email form at the eToro site.
Deposits & Withdrawals
Examples of accepted transaction methods
- China UnionPay
- Bank Wire Transfer
The smallest deposit is 200 USD. (Note: Special rules apply to traders in the United States.)
Depends on the withdrawal method.
- eToro charges a 5 USD withdrawal fee.
- If a currency exchange is required, this can cause additional costs.