Mr Green (MRG) is a gambling company owned by William Hill Plc (since 2019).
Mr Green & Co AB was founded in Sweden in 2007. It was traded on Nasdaq Stockholm from November 2016 to January 2019. The reason for it being delisted was its acquisition by William Hill Plc.
Mr Green has obtained gambling licenses from several national gambling authorities throughout Europe, including Malta, Sweden, Denmark, Latvia, United Kingdom, Ireland, and Italy. The Irish license is for sports betting only, not casino games.
Mr Green & Co AB is founded by the Swedish entrepreneurs Henrik Bergquist, Fredrik Sidfalk and Mikael Pawlo. (Bergquist and Sidfalk co-founded Betsson together with Anders Holmgren in 2001.)
The gambling site Mr Green is launched. It is run by Mr Green Ltd, a Malta-based subsidiary of Mr Green & Co. Mr Green Ltd holds a gambling license from the Malta Gaming Authority.
At this point in time, the gambling site Mr Green is focused on animated casino games only. The live dealer casino and the sportsbetting will not be added until later.
Mr Green & Co AB is listed on the trading platform Aktietorget.
Mr Green is approved by the United Kingdom´s gambling authority.
Mr Green acquires the Italian gambling company MyBet Italia and is approved by the Italian gambling authority (AAMS).
In November, Mr Green & Co AB reveals that they are planning a move from the trading platform Aktietorget to the stock exchange Nasdaq Stockholm.
Mr Green make their IPO and is listed at Nasdaq Stockholm on 30 November.
Mr Green acquires the gambling company Dansk Underholdning, a purchase that includes brands such as Bingosjov, Bingoslottet and Balletbingo. Mr Green is approved by the Danish gambling authority.
Mr Green is moved to the Mid Cap segment of Nasdaq Stockhom in December.
In 2017, the Mr Green group has grown to include over 370 employees and reports a turnover of 1,192.0 million SEK.
- This is the year when Mr Green acquires Evoke Gaming Ltd, a purchase that includes several gambling sites, such as Vinnarum Casino, MamaMia Bingo, Bertil Bingo, and RedBet.
- Mr Green is granted a sportsbook license in Denmark and another sportsbook license (for RedBet) in Ireland.
- Mr Green acquires the Latvian gambling site 11.lv and is approved by the Latvian gambling authorities.
- In May 2018, MrGreen & Co AB changes its name to MRG.
- In December 2018, MRG announces that their subsidiaries Mr Green Ltd and Evoke Gaming Ltd has been granted two Swedish licenses that will come into force when the new Swedish gambling law becomes applicable on 1 January 2019. The licenses include not just the Mr Green site, but also other sites such as Vinnarum, Bertil, MammaMia Bingo, and RedBet.
William Hill Plc acquires MRG after making a £242 million public offer (69 SEK in cash per share) through William Hill Holdings Limited. (Offer was made on 31 October 2018). MRG is consequently delisted from Nasdaq Stockholm.